The Diary Of A CEO with Steven Bartlett
Gabby Logan has been on our screens now for thirty years, bringing us the best of the world of sport at Sky Sports, ITV, and for the last nearly 20 years, at the BBC. Whether it’s the FIFA World Cup, the Rugby World Cup or the Olympics, Gabby is part of our memories of these moments.
But there’s a side to Gabby people don’t often see. After her brother suddenly died when she was a teenager, she became (in her words) ‘fearless’ in pursuit of what she wanted, knowing that nothing would ever hurt as much again.
But she was also wary of loving other people again, knowing what it was like to have those you love most taken away. It took her a long time and lot of introspection and learning to get to a place where she could open herself up emotionally to other people. But it’s when we look deep inside ourselves that it’s revealed who we really are, and what we really value.
- Early years
- Did you parents teach you how to take care of yourself?
- The phone call about your brother
- What was life like after that moment?
- Advice for someone going through something similar
- How did your brothers passing change your perspective on life?
- Your first step into broadcasting
- Starting at sky
- Advice for someone starting at the bottom of their career
- Working in a male dominated industry
- Sexism in the workplace
- Your book and podcast
- How true is the ‘midlife crisis?
- Finding out your husband had cancer
- Your partner Kenny
- Advice for maintaining a solid relationship
- The last guest question
Instagram - https://bit.ly/3DK00OH
Gabby's book? https://amzn.to/3fkDcMe
The Dairy sign up link: bit.ly/3fUcF8q
Watch the episodes on Youtube: https://g2ul0.app.link/3kxINCANKsb
Follow us on Telegram: https://g2ul0.app.link/E5re0ADNKsb
Mercedes-Benz - https://bit.ly/3yXTQI1
Huel - https://g2ul0.app.link/G4RjcdKNKsb