Village Global's Venture Stories
- What Mercedes and the EdTech space in general learned from General Assembly, a company ahead of its time.
- Her market map of EdTech and why she says it should perhaps be called LearnTech rather than EdTech.
- The future of community and social-driven learning, including why peer-to-peer learning is so effective.
- Her thoughts on corporations as credentializers and why she hasn’t been optimistic in the past about credentialling moving away from universities.
- Mercedes, Anne, and Erik’s requests for startups in the space, including a TikTok-like community for career development, a ubiquitous child care company, and a talent marketplace that builds its own supply.
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at www.villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Want to get updates from us? Subscribe to get a peek inside the Village. We’ll send you reading recommendations, exclusive event invites, and commentary on the latest happenings in Silicon Valley. www.villageglobal.vc/signup