The Model Health Show
When you think about improving your health, you probably think about making better food choices, getting more high-quality sleep, or adding more physical activity to your routine. But have you ever considered how your finances impact your overall well-being? Financial stress can manifest physically in many ways, including anxiety, digestive issues, or sleep disturbances.
If you want to be the healthiest version of yourself possible, you’ve got to consider how to upgrade your financial fitness – and today’s guest is here to show you how. Bret Johnson has created several multimillion-dollar companies alongside his wife Chalene. He runs the operations and finances for his companies, SmartLife, Inc. and Team Johnson. On this episode of The Model Health Show, Bret is sharing what he’s learned about finances throughout his life and career, including the story of how he overcame a gambling addiction and paid off over $400,000 in debt.
You’re going to learn actionable tips and strategies you can use to uplevel your financial fitness. We’re discussing the truth about credit cards, credit scores, investing, and how to create a money mindset. In the context of health, finances are often overlooked. I hope this episode educates and inspires you to build a stronger financial future for yourself and your family. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- How stressors like finances can impact your health.
- Distinct ways that money management is like fitness.
- The benefits of using a credit card for your expenses.
- How technology can help you utilize credit cards.
- The role that discipline plays in reaching financial goals.
- Why it’s your responsibility to keep tabs on your credit score.
- How Bret went from gambling addict to money master.
- The importance of having multiple streams of income.
- How much money you should have in an emergency fund.
- Simple ways to get started investing.
- Why changing your mindset is critical for changing your financial habits.
- The first step in making better financial decisions.
- What the S&P 500 is and how it works.
- The pros and cons of investing in an index fund.
- What percentage of your income should be allocated toward investing.
- Why your home is not an investment.
- The importance of consulting a CPA before making big purchases.
- How learning about finances can change your family’s legacy.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- Foursigmatic.com/model -- Get an exclusive 10% discount on your daily health elixirs!
- MPI by Curtis Ray
- Money Matters 101
- Connect with Bret Johnson Website / Instagram
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: