The Model Health Show
There are so many factors that determine our sleep quality: movement during the day, exposure to natural and ambient lighting, and even our relationships. For some folks, it might be sleepless nights with a newborn or toddler, and for others it could be a partner on different sleep schedules. But the good news is, you aren’t entirely powerless when it comes to creating routines and structure for your family.
On today’s show, you’re going to hear my interview on the Dhru Purohit Podcast. In this interview, I’m sharing about sleep routines and preferences within my own relationship and family, and how to find balance. I’m also sharing some of the best scientifically proven sleep tips, including optimizing light exposure, temperature, and supplements.
Dhru asked some excellent, thought-provoking questions on topics like common sleep misconceptions, little-known habits that can decrease your sleep quality, and how to actually create realistic habits that stick. I hope you get a ton of value out of this episode and can implement sleep habits that will improve your life. Enjoy!
In this episode you’ll discover:
- What the suprachiasmatic nucleus is, and how its exposures impact sleep quality.
- How many Americans are regularly sleep-deprived.
- Tips for minimizing your blue light exposure.
- How to realistically set a screen curfew (& what to do instead of scrolling!)
- The importance of blocking out ambient light at night.
- What to do if you and your partner have different sleep schedules.
- How your body temperature can impact your sleep.
- The importance of getting natural light exposure in the morning.
- The relationship between cortisol and melatonin.
- What time of the day to exercise to improve sleep quality.
- Realistic ways to change your habits.
- How to create healthy sleep routines for babies and children.
- What effects vitamin C can have on your sleep quality.
- Real food sources of magnesium, and why it matters.
- The power of creating healthier citizens in our society.
Items mentioned in this episode include:
- Organifi.com/Model -- Use the coupon code MODEL for 20% off!
- PiqueLife.com/model -- Use code MODEL at checkout for 10% off!
- Beekeepersnaturals.com/model -- Save 25% on raw honey & other natural remedies!
- Sleep Smarter
- The Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz
- Dhru Purohit Podcast
Join TMHS Facebook community - Model Nation
Be sure you are subscribed to this podcast to automatically receive your episodes: